Thursday, April 11, 2024

We Interrupt This Work Day...


If there's any golf you want to watch during the year – besides the tournament my company sponsors in January – it's The Masters. One helluva course and it means so much to all the competitors.

Unfortunately, work gets in the way. How dare it? But thanks to a rain delayed start today, I could catch some after work. My first thought seeing the windy conditions was I'd be swinging so hard right now! And would definitely not go where I want.

If it was nice and warm and sunny like yesterday, I'd bypass television viewing and actually get out golfing. But it was sketchy weather this afternoon and downpouring by 6 p.m. That's why I freaked out on my way into town tonight when the emergency sirens went off. I mean I was literally driving by the town hall and police/fire station and it was ear-piercing loud!

I pulled over to text Jim (who was in town visiting his dad) and check the radar. Nothing looked siren-worthy.

Thank god I checked the local news stations too. That set me straight. All counties cancelled BUT not my county. I thought these drills used to be at 1 p.m. or something. I gotta pay more attention.

At the end of the day, we're all safe and there was no need to be alarmed. 

Unfortunately, that means business as usual. So I still have to work tomorrow. Even though my work day might be occasionally interrupted by some activity down in Augusta. Just sayin'. The weather dudes – or maybe just me – say there's a good chance!

No comments: