Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Surprising Spring

Not sure where my mind was, but I was totally surprised to arrive at work today and realize we were a few short hours from a Winter Storm Warning. I forget that when I live in Wood County and work in Portage County, I get different alerts. But Wood County was added to the warning shortly after.

Needless to say, a month ago we were reveling in 72-degree FAKE spring temps and now we get the REAL stuff. For the record, I don't like the "real" Wisconsin spring!


Thankfully, my boss is understanding and let us go home to work while the flakes came down.


On my way home, I could see how the slushy, icy stuff was clinging to signs...


And the roads. Definitely clinging to those.


Oh and it was Election Day. Many of you know that! No opinion here, I promise. Just managed to get through the slushy parking lot and vote after work!
 

As for my flowers... Same view as yesterday. Snow in the background of Easter tulips like yesterday!

So it was nice to just sit home and watch the pretty flakes and not be driving anywhere. And price a few more garage sale items. You'll get that commercial tomorrow. Whether you want to or not.

As for my sister, she survived another surgery and is still stable. I thank all of you who've offered up prayers and positive support. This will be a long road, but I know each word up is helping her. Thanks!

P.S. I think the snow is easier to deal with right now because we know the pain/inconvience it causes is much more short-term!

No comments: