Wednesday, June 26, 2024

A Different Kind of Day at the Office

It was a completely unproductive day at work today. And none of us cared. Our writing team hopped on a bus and headed to Milwaukee this morning to see one of our PR agencies. From there, they hopped on our bus and we all went to what I still call "Miller Park" for the 1:10 p.m. game vs the Texas Rangers.

As a Twins fan, I don't know a lot of Brewers players. To be honest, I only knew Yelich going into today. But still, nothing beats a live baseball game, no matter who is playing. 

My day was made immediately when I spotted the parents of one of my college friends. I got to spend some quality time with her dad last summer when he was at the U.S. Senior Open. So he recognized me. All because I took the long way to our section. Providence! 😊

We had great seats just 13 rows up. But anyone who goes to day games there knows there's a good chance we'll suffer if it's sunny and hot. No shade!

And yep, it was warm! You know me, I love the heat, but this was a little bit stifling. I lasted 3 innings and had to just chill in the concourse by a huge ceiling fan for an inning. Needless to say, expensive water was my friend today.


It was funny that we all cheered when this teeny tiny cloud gave us 15 seconds of relief from the sun! 


Group photos about the time we all started melting! 


See, we're still smiling anyway! Plus there was lots to smile about.


We had good seats. I could see Yellie in person. We witnessed a grand slam! And an in-the-park homerun.


Plus those adorable sausage races!

And with a 5-5 tie after 9 innings, extra innings! Rally Time!!


Thankfully, the Brewers had a walk-off single in the 10th inning. And thankfully, bigger sporadic clouds floated by to help us all cool off and enjoy the game.


Not a bad day at the "office" at all!


Proof I didn't completely melt! And of course, I had fun. And it wasn't hard to cheer for the Brewers since they're in the National League and those darn Rangers are in the American League with my Twins. 

By the time we dropped off our PR friends at their office, we got stuck in Milwaukee rush hour traffic and weren't really "out of town" until after 5 p.m. So it was really a long day by the time we got back to Stevens Point.

But when you're sitting in an "office" with a retractable roof, who cares? We'll bounce back. 

Tomorrow.

No comments: