Sunday, June 16, 2024

Happy Father's Day


I'm so grateful that even though I can't see my dad on Father's Day, I can at least hug some of the important fathers in my life.


We left the house around 8 a.m. to meet Carter and his girlfriend southwest of Madison. We picked up Carter so he could come home and get his car – and spend Father's Day with Dad and Grandpa. I loved that the DOT sign people made a special Dad message!


Had a delicious lunch at Sherry's house. It was a small crowd. Just my father-in-law, Sherry, Baird, Jim, Clay, Carter and me. Plenty of trifle left over! A gorgeous day to get some pictures of the only one I have called "Dad" for 11 years – and his "kiddos."


While Casey is still out in Portland for a few months, I was so glad 2 out of 3 brown-eyed bandits could be there with Jim on Father's Day. So appreciated!


We finished off Father's Day with golf, of course. Well it was couple's league at TriCity so he was also stuck with me as his partner. Ha. Thankfully the earlier forecast for rain was wrong! In fact it was 85 with a feel of 91 as we teed off in the late afternoon, so we actually took a cart instead of walking.

I'm still adjusting to my new clubs but I'm still loving them. I even hit a nice shot out of the sand tonight! I was proud of myself until I saw how the U.S. Open ended. Of course, I can also take comfort that I don't have a million people watching me miss a short putt, either!

Hope you had a wonderful day with your dad or any father figure in your life. Hug them hard while they're here! 💖 

No comments: