Tuesday, June 4, 2024

A Good Cup of Joe


Some sports news today: Dallas Stars' Joe Pavelski says he's done after 1,533 games and 18 NHL seasons. 

Pavelski, who just wrapped up his fifth season with the Dallas Stars (a team I usually don't acknowledge as a Minnesota North Stars fan), turns 40 next month. The Wisconsin native, whose 74 playoff goals are the most for a U.S.-born player and were the most among active players, was at the end of his contract with the Stars. 

While Joe is no Mr. Zamboni in my eyes, ha, he grew up just down the road in Plover and I go through his hometown every day on my work commute.


Plus, he made my birthday pretty special last summer when he was a VIP guest at the U.S. Senior Open at SentryWorld. Love that he took his son out for a round to share the experience. Exactly what you'd expect when you hear the term "Midwest Nice." 

Of course, there's also a banner that hangs where my Assumption-Pacelli Co-op team plays each winter. So I'll still keep him in mind. Just fun to have interactions with people who are famous but don't act like it.

That's good Wisconsin roots, right? Good luck, Joe! I think you're skating in the right direction. 🏒👪


No comments: