Sunday, June 30, 2024

June Goes Out With a Bang

It was quite a fun birthday week! I managed to bookend it with couple's league golf both Sundays plus bonus fireworks!

On Saturday evening, I shot lots of pictures at the Shermalot waterski show team show down at Lake Arrowhead. By the time I got through half of them, it was way past bedtime so I didn't even think about blogging.

It's always so fun to watch, though. And I especially enjoy capturing action shots of the jumpers and trick skiers. Cool stuff! (And literally COOL stuff as the temps dropped and wind picked up and I was so cold!)

Today was sunny and mild and we managed to tee off at 3:30 p.m. for our golf match. I struggled on some holes but managed to par two of them! Those par dances are few and far between so I was pretty excited.

After golf, we stopped to visit Jim's dad a bit on our way to Rudolph. They had the band Southbound playing for the evening to lead up to fireworks.

And they had a few food trucks there, too. I was especially excited about this one. But guess what? After our huge burgers, we were too full for dessert. And yes, it was kind of too cold. We were all in sweatshirts with blankets over us if we had them.

How is this July 4th week? Crazy!

It was a nice transition though to Jim's birthday week. So his started off with golf, too. And we had fireworks on our Anniversary Eve.

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

No comments: