Sunday, August 18, 2024

A Bit of Corny Fun

There's this unincorporated wide spot in the road that we call Kellner. I didn't know it was so popular until I attended my first Kellner Corn Fest Parade yesterday!


There were people lining both sides of 80th Street/Country Trunk W for the half-mile-ish parade route.


It was fun to see our neighborhood farm and "pumpkin shed" have float. The theme this year was something about the wild west.


Got to see our friend Bob (aka Jingles) – the clown in the middle.


I had to laugh a skeletons representing the beauty of the House of Glam!


Our nephew Colin had his race car in the parade too! His wife and kiddos were throwing the candy.


Colin also delivered a few toy cars to kids in the crowd. That's pretty cool!


On the way home, we just happened to follow our neighbor's float! I don't think seat belts were invented in the old west, so Trevor here is perfectly legal, right?

That was pretty much our excitement for the weekend. Worked on some raffle basket things yesterday. We both had church. I had a senior photo shoot tonight for a boy named Carter – so you have to love him!!


He didn't necessarily love to smile. But I loved the challenge of trying to get him there! I might have used up all my CORNY (to stick with the theme) charming material for the week! Good thing I've got love-to-smile girls in my foreseeable future. 

Though I'm sure Carter had the super model vibe down by the end of our session. Just don't tell his friends!

No comments: