Friday, August 16, 2024

Life's a Picnic, Right?

When you have a company picnic on your calendar for the day, REAL work sort of takes a back seat. I mean, I mean I gave it a pretty good 3 hours (kinda) of work from home so I could head up to Stevens Point for the fun.

Just me never missing an opportunity to do a PURPLE selfie!

Last year they had the picnic when I was having my Sister Weekend (well, Week) in the Smoky Mountains so I forgot how large-scale this was. As you can see by the way-finder sign, there was a lot 0going on!

One of my team mates and I hunkered down at the very entertaining BINGO area. It didn't take me long to win and, of course, I chose some golf balls as my prize. 

There was also a ton of stuff for kids – from inflatables/bounce houses to a petting zoo and pony rides. At some point, it began to rain so we were all inside the Fieldhouse. 

I got home, knowing that I also was going to race against rain clouds to take a few senior pictures. We did get sprinkled on.



Then we got poured on and raced to our cars. I might have to Photoshop out some raindrops on clothes, but I think we made it work!

I guess life is a picnic only when Mother Nature allows it. Good thing I'm on her side once in awhile!

No comments: