Sunday, August 11, 2024

Those Picture Boards

After talking (well maybe whining a little) about scanning photos and designing the picture boards for Mom's service, I thought I should share what we had on display yesterday. For the main picture boards, I  used my graphic design program to fit them to be printed out as 20- by 30-inch posters. (You can get those printed same day at Walgreens!)


This reflected Mom's growing up years with her parents and three sisters.


This was a representation of Mom and Dad's 63 years of marriage before he passed 11 years ago.



The 8 R's in the early years and then some. Plus at least one fave photo of each of us with Mom.



The treasured grandchildren!



A reflection of some of Mom's creativity and her desire to have fun!



My sister Romey also put together a board displaying some of her many fair ribbons, plus poetry and other writing samples.


We had a framed picture of one those rare moments all 10 of us were smiling at the same time!


And my brother Ron put together a picture book with very nice photos of Mom.

Like I said, I am sure she looked down and was very pleased that we took such care of representing her long and full life!

Goals, right?

P.S. I slept in today and am pretty much exhausted. Physically, mentally, emotionally drained. I'm sure we all are. Olympics are done so this girl is hitting the hay in short order! Have a great week!


No comments: