Thursday, August 22, 2024

Close to Picture Perfect


I apologize in advance to any of you who don't golf or have the faintest concept of the game. Because I had a good night and it made up for any possible negative feelings I've had about anything in recent days!

Tonight was our ladies golf league. It happened that my partner and I had a bye week but for sure were going to golf in our time slot since we got rained out the last 2 of 3 weeks.

Close friends of mine were golfing right after us – but with their hubbies since their opponents forfeited. So by the 4th hole, when we were all waiting for the group ahead of us to GET MOVING (my impatient emotion at the time), we decided we'd just golf together as a six-some that would move along much more quickly than the four-somes ahead of us. 

Against most golf course rules, but still it made sense.

And that made it fun. And maybe all the waiting between hits made me settle down and focus on each shot. Either way, it combined for a really good round for me. In fact, the first time I broke 50 this season.

Now you non-golfers might think about PGA scores. But for 9 holes pretty much anywhere, that's decent. Not great. But acceptable.

And for me... AWESOME!

Add those amazing sunset colors above and we're good for a top-notch Thursday.

Let's finish the week strong, friends!

No comments: