Sunday, August 4, 2024

A Way-Back Weekend

It was definitely a Saturday and Sunday living in the way-back machine as I finished up my mom's picture boards for her memorial service this Saturday. Finally finished this afternoon! Whew. 

This lovely gem from my parents' 25th wedding anniversary party was left on the cutting room floor, so to speak, but I had to share it. 

As I came home tonight after a senior photo shoot in the high temp-high humidity stratosphere, I was reminded that even after a painful night's sleep wearing curlers, that's still the best my hair (I'm on the left) could do! 

Some non-traditional volume but most getting straighter and flatter by the hour!

What I do love about this picture, though, is the my sister Rachel in the middle is smiling. And today she had another reason to smile. She finally got back to church – in person – after getting in her head-on collision March 30 on her way to Saturday Easter services. Praise the Lord! A walking, er rolling, miracle!

When I wasn't messing with photos, I was of course catching some Olympic action. I especially tuned into today's 100M men's final. Noah Lyles. Wow. But Kenny Bednarek – who hails from east Luck, er Rice Lake, Wisconsin – only finished something like a 100th of a second behind him. He finished 7th, which goes to show you how close that race was. Yay, USA! 

Even though I definitely need a shower before bed, I better tune in to see what else I missed. 

P.S. Thank god for central air!!!

No comments: