Saturday, August 31, 2024

No Labor Whatsoever Weekend


Maxine is summing up my whole weekend. I even took Friday off so I'd have even more time to do "nothing." It's awesome.

My Friday was highlighted by going to the town of Rome Farmers' Market. I convinced my retired golf partner Thursday night that we should check it out. It's huge! I mean easily 4 times as big as the one we have in Rapids on Thursdays and Saturdays. 

Saw lots of people I knew so either no one works on Friday. Or they were getting into the holiday weekend vibe. (Or they're lucky to be retired like my friend Marigene.)

I didn't really NEED anything, but I was on a mission to find some things to put together for raffle baskets for my sister Rachel's benefit at the end of October. Success! 

Friday night was our first Royals football home game. Not too pretty score-wise, but I got some decent pictures.

Today, hubby was golfing at Sand Valley with some friends so I had the labor-free day to myself. I ended up running around getting things for those raffle baskets and as of tonight, there are 7 put together and labeled! Here are two examples...

My farmers' market finds included this double-sided "cabin theme" table runner, a Cozy Cabin candle from my dear friends at Midwest Nice Candle Company, and this really cool cabin-vibe Bluetooth speaker. I just added the "cozy" sign and ta-da! A basket is made!

There also was a vendor selling homemade rugs and coasters like rugs. So I bought 4 of those and today added a few mugs, some Dunkin' Smores and Pumpkin Spice coffee – highlighted by a Sweater Weather gnome and boom! A basket!

It was a little time-consuming but fun. And really, since I had an extra day in the weekend, it didn't matter. I can be productive tomorrow. 

I mean, if I feel the need to be.  

Hope you're able to have a "no labor whatsoever" type of weekend, too!

No comments: