Thursday, August 29, 2024

Fox on the Run


Readers of a certain age will recall the song "Fox on the Run" by Sweet. And if you don't recognize it, take comfort knowing it's never applied to anything in my life until now. It's a cool song, though, so Google it.

Taking a cue from my golf partner, I ordered the exact same push cart as she has – hers is lime green and mine is magically a perfect matching blue to my bag. I was so excited to take it out for its inaugural run tonight for Ladies Night.

Not to be upstaged by my golf partner, but Marigene just bought a new "monstrous" head cover to go head-to-head, so to speak, with Mr. Fox.

Thus, we have the "fox on the run" photo with her Ricky Fowler Orange-inspired monster head cover chasing my fox.

No worries. Mr. Fox survived just fine. 

We played decent and were grateful the rain came before our round and is scheduled to resume later, much after our round.

After golfing 5 of 6 days last week, it's pretty strange to just have 2 tee times this week. Of course, after a last-minute decision to take tomorrow off – plus a long weekend – that could (hopefully) change.

Hope you all have some exciting long-weekend plans!

No comments: