Monday, December 17, 2007

Can you find the NO in noel?

Ask any willpower-challenged person like myself and they'll tell you the next two weeks will be the ultimate test.

Those who work in an office setting especially know that this week is just one potluck, buffet and grazing festival after another. (Can we call them appetizers when we're eating them on a "full but there's still a little bit of room" stomach?) Then the real celebrations start and can continue for the entire week between Christmas and New Year's.

Visions of sugar plums? That is not my problem. It's the visions of cookies, chocolate, homemade candies and, of course, eggnog anything. It's always a challenge to make healthy choices. And portion control? Exercise? What is that?!?

The devil on my shoulder is telling me to go ahead, fluff up -- then resolve once again on Jan. 1 to lose it. The angel on my other shoulder is telling me just the opposite, naturally.

I decided I should compromise: say yes to exercise and say no to at least some of those treats!!

i got on the treadmill this weekend and will continue to do so during this holiday season. I don't know now much good it will do in preventing the fluff, but it will go a long way in easing my guilt when I grab that mint truffle... or that peanut butter cup cookie... or those almond bark pretzels... or order an eggnog shake!

Good luck to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Starbucks: Chai "Eggnog" latte with a shot of caramel. Must have for the eggnog lovers.
--caryn