Friday, December 21, 2007

Seasonal "not so effective" Disorder

Tooth, justice and the American Way

So the Tooth Fairy saga has come to its anti-climatic conclusion. I ended up quitting that job last night, turning it over to Daddy -- and Carter, with another presidential coin dollar in hand, was a satisfied customer this morning.

We're pretty sure he has it figured out that his parents have a hand in this -- since the execution of the "exchange" fell far short of fairy tale expectations. We will neither confirm nor deny those suspicions at this time.

Season's Eatings

As I mentioned earlier this week, today is the culmination of days of Noel Noshing and Festive Feasting at work. Up until today, I'd say my willpower has prevailed (well, prevailed is probably too strong a word). This morning, however, I've already had a tasty Scotcheroo, a yummy oversized chocolate-covered peanut butter ball and one carrot stick (a balanced snack, right?).

And the forecast... Not really seeing an end in sight as we'll have a group lunch and grazing is expected to continue throughout the day. The good news is after today, I will be on vacation until Jan. 2 so I have all kinds of time to work it off. (Really, though, who the heck wants to work when they're on vacation?!)

Oh Christmas Tree

Three days before Christmas Eve and Carter now pipes up that he doesn't like how our tree is decorated. "It needs more homemade decorations," he says. Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend! (Not.)

Actually, he did bring home 3 yesterday that he made in school so we can start there. Since he was the one who helped me decorate the tree, I'm not sure why he didn't mention it then. If he thinks I'm going to spend the weekend being crafty, he's mistaken. I plan to relax the next few days... if it kills me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just pray we're done with the Marlys-like tooth puns - (The tooth, whole tooth and nothing but the tooth; Tooth or Consequences; Tooth, Justice and the American Way).

I'd rather sit through a 2-hour dentist appointment than read any more of that!

all my love-jim

Rayna Delaney said...

whew! I bet $2 is a small price to pay for promoting your son's beliefs! Keep up the good work! Rayna