Friday, December 7, 2007

Secret mission

Today was the Big Reveal for our Secret Santas at work. It turned out to be quite a successful (and festive) effort.

If you've never done Secret Santas or Secret Elves or something similar, you're missing out. It's a chance for anonymous fun, creativity and generosity. For the past 2 weeks, 21 of us women have been secretly leaving gifts and little treats or decorating each other's desk areas in the spirit of the season.

I had my friend Sara's name and had a blast surprising her with something just about every day. I had no idea who was doing similar favors for me -- until today. It was really cool that Michelle (my secret Santa) and all the other women were really into it.

Everyone said they had just as much fun giving as receiving. And many said it helped get them in a positive mood for Christmas (now that can be an accomplishment!).

Now if only I could carry that enthusiasm into my next project -- the dreaded Christmas letter. I do love trying to be creative with it, but I feel like I've missed some sort of deadline already. Why have I received so many cards already? Am I that far behind?

Hmmm... Maybe Santa has just granted someone else's wish to be organized and ahead of the game this year so they could truly enjoy the Christmas season. Good for them.

I had my first eggnog shake of the year tonight. So even though I didn't get my "organization" wish, between the shake and my Secret Santa, I'm certainly enjoying the season, too. Good for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop comparing yourself, Bobbin! The Holidays are anywhere between Thanksgiving and New Years so you are not behind! Let it go and enjoy and if you didn't do a letter because you are a busy working mom, the world and you should forgive you! Now I'm going to have the same talk with myself after I dig myself out of the hole I'm in! Your high school bud.