Saturday, December 1, 2007

Let it snow (somewhere else!)


OK, someone in the Midwest must have ticked off Mother Nature because she is giving us a doozy of a "welcome to December" today. Just because I spent the day Christmas shopping yesterday does not mean I am ready for the winter wonderland aspect of the holidays.

According to my friends at the Weather Channel, we've gotten 4-6 inches already -- and it doesn't show signs of stopping. We are still smack dab in the midst of a winter storm warning with promises of sleet and freezing rain tonight. (I'm not even setting my alarm for church in the morning.)

After my shopping excursion yesterday, it was Jim's turn today. He took the big boys over the Appleton to let them pick out some presents. Thankfully they made it home safely -- though it was slow going.

Carter and I ran our errands before the snow hit hard. Then we popped in the Christmas Story DVD and watched/listened while we decorated the tree. I put up some other decorations while Carter tested out his new boots in the new snow. He went sledding down our little hill out back for about an hour. The boots passed the test. Still warm and still dry.

Remember how his 10-day chore contract included shoveling the driveway? Here we never thought he'd need to do that! He did brush off his big brother's car but we decided the driveway called for the snowblower ... which, unfortunately refused to work for Jim. Thankfully we have the world's greatest neighbors with snowblowers!

Looks like the snow will keep up on and off until Thursday (when the low is predicted to be below zero) so Carter just might get some shoveling time in after all. I'll be happy to stay indoors, wrapping presents, drinking eggnog and trying to catch Jim under the mistletoe!

No comments: