Saturday, March 15, 2008

The final countdown

Although we officially started Spring Break when we left work yesterday, it won't feel like it until we are on the plane in just a mere 36 hours. Oh, that feels so good to be able to count down in hours now!

I think all of us were trying to have a busy day today just to make the time go faster. Jim went to visit his aunt and uncle in Marshfield. Carter and I went to see "Horton Hears a Who" (Was Dr. Seuss on drugs? Or do I just understand him better because I am today, too? ... The subject of another blog another day.)

We did enjoy the movie. As they say, good entertainment for the entire family. On the way home I asked Carter if he had gotten anything packed yet. "Yes, I've got the social stuff packed but not the mental stuff."

My brain said "BLOG MATERIAL" before my mouth said, "What do you mean?"

Apparently, as Carter explained it, social stuff is like clothes and fun stuff. Mental stuff is like books and music and games. I guess that makes sense. I'm just wondering how much mental stuff he plans on bringing and where he's going to fit it. I know if I put all my mental stuff together it wouldn't fit in one bag, that's for sure (but that's another blog another day).

Have to go pack now. Having a bit of a crisis with my social stuff... My flipflops don't match my swimsuit. I hope they don't kick me off the island!

No comments: