Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Ahead

You wouldn't think one hour would make that much of a difference, but my body is having a tough time today adjusting to Daylight Savings Time. I have been yawning and just about broke down and took a nap even. Then I remembered we were hosting a birthday party in the late afternoon and thought better of it.

Jim's oldest boy turned 17 on Friday so we had the in-laws over to celebrate. As far as parties go, we really went about as low key as you can get. Casey requested my mint Oreo Dirt Cake, which is a cinch to make, and we had pizza. No fuss. Love it.

Opening gifts was not a big to-do either. Nothing says love to a 17-year-old like cash, cash, cash! That's OK. In my opinion, we are never too old for a birthday party -- and cake, of course.

When all the "partying" was done, it was still light out at 7 p.m. Now that is the part I do like about Daylight Savings Time. It would have been nice to walk off some of the Dirt Cake, but it's still glare ice out there. The good news is it won't be long (I hope!) before we can get outside for an evening walk on dry roads -- in the daylight.

That must be why they refer to it as Springing Ahead. The sunlight gives us a little feeling of hope for warmer days and puts a spring in our step.

No comments: