Friday, March 21, 2008

Live from Spring Break :: Part 3

I would have blogged last night, but I was a bit too sunburned. What an enjoyable problem to have. I'll suffer through the pain (just this once).

Spent yesterday on South Padre Island with those crazy spring-breakers. Hubby suffered through that (just this once!).

We started the day at the Sea Turtle Rescue Center. Maybe you've seen on the news that they are doing some groundbreaking work there, trying to develop a prosthetic flipper for Allison the sea turtle, who has only one flipper. We got to meet her and several other "recovering" giants from the sea. Neat stuff. I will post some pictures when we get home tomorrow (sob, sob), but in the meantime, click here for more info about the rescue center. They are doing great work there.

The rest of the day was spent looking for shells, jumping in the waves, gawking at the scenery and lamenting on how old we suddenly felt! For dinner, we had some awesome shrimp at Dirty Al's on the island. Carter and I went there last year, too, and knew shrimp-loving Daddy would like it, too! Good stuff.

When we got home, we showered off the salt and sand and played some dominoes. We were pretty tuckered out -- all that relaxing in the sun can be a bit draining. Today we are packing up and ready to head to the airport. It's 80 something and sunny. We are reluctant to change into long pants but know a winter storm is dumping a bunch of that white stuff on our landing strip and highways heading home.

So I guess you could say our March vacation came in like a lion and went out like a lion -- and in between, with weather like a lamb, we stayed with my sister, the Lion Queen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.