Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Live from Spring Break :: Part 2

They say a cold front is descending on us tonight. I guess the temps will dip down into the low 50s, maybe high 40s. How will we manage?

I was chuckling this morning when we went golfing and saw guys in long sleeves and long pants because it must have been only 60 degrees when they first teed off. To us, the morning 70s were perfectly comfortable -- even with the "wind chill."

Yes, wind chill. We dealt with gusty winds, but I promised myself I was not going to use that as an excuse for poor golfing. So I am trying to think of a different one. Actually, it is hard to golf poorly when it is a par-3 course (every hole!) and the maximum score "allowed" per hole is a 6. Love that place!

It was Carter's first time ever golfing on a real course so that was good for him. He didn't have to face any par 5's to get him frustrated. Just Mom jumping in trying to help him line up shots and putts. That's enough to deal with. He actually did pretty well even though he kept saying, "I suck at this!" I had to keep reminding him that it's only his first time. I've been golfing for 10 years and I still suck! Probably not the best pep talk. At least he lasted through 15 holes before relegating himself to score-keeper. I did manage to par 5 holes (hey, it's harder than you think. It still felt awesome to be swinging again!)

Had a relaxing afternoon poolside. I did try to lay in the sun but Carter kept beckoning me to the water. Daddy said, "Leave momma alone! She's relaxing." I pointed out a child's idea of vacation is to play. An adult's idea of vacation is to do nothing! I managed that most of the day. The only negative was Jim losing a lens from his glasses in the pool. Good news is we found it. Bad news is that it has a big scratch. At least he's got a good story to go with it!

We ate dinner at an awesome restaurant called Mimi's Cafe. We squeezed in some dessert and we're all watching a bit of TV since we can't even move, let alone think of using our brains to play cards or dominoes. We might do that in a bit.

Tomorrow morning we are heading out early to South Padre Island. It's supposed to be about 80 and sunny I think. Apparently we may get some snow Up North (like really far Up North from here). How unfortunate it would be to get so much snow up there we couldn't fly in ... had to stay here ... suffer through a little more sunburn... how unfortunate, indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a really nice time! Have a great rest of your vacation and a Happy Easter! We are headed on our break on Saturday to the flooded lands of the midwest-St. Louis-Louisville! Talk to you when you return. Julie