Wednesday, March 5, 2008

PACKing it in

Since I live in central Wisconsin, I probably should acknowledge the big news of the past 24 hours. There are only 2 more weeks of winter!

Oh wait. And that quarterback retired, too.

Let's get this clear for the record. Just because I am a Vikings fan doesn't mean I don't think Brett Favre was a tremendous athlete. He was remarkable. It was just our misfortune that he played for the Packers. Therefore, I could only respect him, not like him. (And certainly not love him like my sister Renell and thousands of other fans.)

Carter was asking why football players retire when they are younger than Daddy and me. I told him even at our young age, we don’t want to get knocked around by 300-pound men week after week. I can’t even handle aerobics!!

So now is Brett's time to move on. Don't be so downhearted, Packers fans. Remember when you thought nobody was better than The Majik Man? And don't forget: Daunte Culpepper is looking for a team these days. Wouldn't that be interesting ...

No comments: