Monday, March 3, 2008

Lion or Lamb?

The old saying goes... if March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb. I don't know if I buy into that. We've had years where it has come in like a lion and gone out like one, too. Or been a lamb on both ends with some wicked lion in between.

On Saturday, it was definitely a lamb kind of day. And ironically, the first time this winter Carter got to go out snowplowing with our neighbor Bob. Usually sometime around Christmas, Bob takes Carter out for breakfast and they go plowing. This winter, because there has been so much snow, Bob's actually been too busy to take a break and take on a passenger. Luckily, there was still plenty of snow to be moved around. Did I say luckily?! I hate this stuff!

On Sunday, it was lamb-like as well but we were under a winter weather advisory for sleet and 2-4 inches of snow for the night. I had to call my sister Rayna and get my "You'll be here in sunny Texas in 2 weeks" pep talk. That worked. Plus, I was relieved to wake up today and see the weather man was wrong this time. Just got a dusting this time.

Everyone around here hopes we have a nice, precipitation-free week for safe travels to Madison Thursday and Friday for the high school boys state tournament. As I hoped, both Luck and Iola are going to state!

Iola will close schools on Thursday so everyone can go to the game (which means it may be a ghost town around work). My Luck boys play Friday. Not sure if I'm going, but I'll definitely have to wear red and white to work on Friday if I don't. Whoo-hoo!

Isn't March fun? Who cares if the weather is like a lion or a lamb? The snow will still be gone by May Day as usual, right? Hmm... not so sure about it this year...

2 comments:

Ron Hedberg said...

It looks like both teams play at 9:05 a.m. Friday. The Luck game will be on Mix 105 radio and WQOW TV 18 out of Eau Claire. I don't know if either station has live streaming over the Web.

http://www.lucksd.k12.wi.us/vnews/display.v/ART/2008/02/25/47c428843d0b6

http://www.wiaawi.org/index.php?id=225

Robyn Austin said...

Awesome. I'll check that out!