Saturday, March 22, 2008

Live from Spring Break :: In Pictures

It felt good to wake up in our own bed this morning. But then, when I glanced out the window at the freshly fallen snow, I said, "I wanna be back in Texas!" Sigh...

I uploaded my pictures. I only took about 200. That would seem like a lot with an old camera (8 rolls of film!) but that's nothing in the digital world. I am deleting the bad, out of focus and "Robyn looks fat on the beach" photos, but here are a few highlights I mentioned this week:


St. Patty's Day at Pepe's on the Rio Grande. My brother-in-law Paul is an Irishman, Rayna and I are 100% Scandinavian, and Carter boasted "an ounce" of Irish in his blood.


The Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi had an underwater viewing area to see the dolphins before the "dolphin training" show.


As Jim is my witness, that is my finger stroking the back of the baby crocodile! My brief brush with braveness...


We learned at the Sea Turtle Rescue Center that some turtles grow to be as big as 1,000 pounds! And I thought seaweed salads were healthy!


Drumstick anyone? Carter jokes around at a stop on South Padre Island.


Do we have to go?!


What a welcome home!

I'll end this blog how I started it: "I wanna be back in Texas!"

2 comments:

Ron Hedberg said...

Wow! You have a lot of snow over there!

I'm glad you had a good trip and survived the sharks, crocodiles, fires and that terribly hot sun.

I guess you won't be doing an Easter egg hunt outside tomorrow in Wrapids. We are now white over here in Minnesnowta too.

Rayna Delaney said...

Neat Pictures! Of course they are neat, I took some of them. Ha-Ha! I sure am thankful I did not have to take the picture of the snow. Finally got down to the pool myself today for two hours, sunburned, but ohhhh the "heat" feels good! Rayna