Friday, April 10, 2015

Break a Leg


When I woke up this morning to this scene, I knew it could only mean one thing: It's garage sale weekend!

For some reason it always snows or, at a minimum, rains during our friend Audrey's sale. I had to work today but when I checked in with her later, she said it had been very busy. That's great. Hopefully tomorrow, when I work it, the crowds will continue (and the weather will be nicer).

The bigger news today, though, was that it was finally time for the Assumption High School Musical. With all the hours of practice this week especially, we were hoping for a great show. And they delivered.

Before Carter left, I said, "Break a leg!" He looked at me quizzically so I thought I had to explain. I started to say, "It means..." But he cut me off and said, "Mom, I am familiar with popular American catch phrases."

Alrighty then. I guess he didn't think he needed the veiled good luck wishes since he was not technically performing on stage. Either way, I'm glad he and the Pit Band did well.


As I mentioned earlier this week, the show included tunes from various musicals performed at AHS during the past 60 years. There were songs from Sound of Music and Annie to Oklahoma, Wizard of Oz and Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. In between numbers, when the stage had to be readjusted, the Pit Band played  songs from even more musicals like Hello Dolly and Happy Days. Amazing job!

Now I can see why, based on the lipstick kisses on their faces, the Pit Band has groupies.

Cute picture of Carter and his pit band mates / cross country teammates Theo and Seamus. I don't think Carter is going to wash his face. I won't even bother asking who planted it there. I have a feeling what happens at the musical stays at the musical.

At least they were willing to share the beautiful music.

If you get a chance, there is one more performance Saturday night at 7 p.m. Break another leg, Carter!


No comments: