Saturday, April 25, 2015

Saturday in the Park...

Saturday in the park
I think, it was the fourth of July

– Chicago

Had the Chicago song in my head today as I headed to the ballpark for the first time this high school baseball season. But I had to cross some things off my to-do list first.

Remember when our Saturdays were like this?


That was awesome, wasn't it? Now Saturdays like today, when I had nothing in particular I HAD to get up for, I was awake before 8 a.m. with my list running through my head. A list that did NOT include any cartoons.

I knew I should get my Saturday chores done first. But I was like...

 
I didn't read, though. But it seemed like a good idea. Instead I distracted myself by doing my nails, basically finishing what I started at the Jamberry party last night. Can't go out in public with only 3 nails done! Goodness.

By the time I had the actual important stuff done, I missed the first game of the double-header but made it by the start of the second one. Nekoosa beat us both games but it was nice to be there anyway, wearing winter clothes and chatting with a few baseball moms. 
 
I miss my Saturdays in the park!

Got home and did some work-type projects, took a very short walk in the wind and watched some TV with hubby. Carter was working, got done early and brought a few friends home with him. Might be a good time for me to stay out of the way and get to that book that's still on my Saturday to-do list!


No comments: