Wednesday, April 8, 2015

HumpDay Headlinez

After visiting the third funeral home in less than a week this evening, I decided to try to lighten the mood with some absolutely unimportant Hump Day happenings...

Skipping Class: Since I was out of town and couldn't squeeze it into my schedule yesterday, I have not attended my cardio kickboxing class since last Thursday morning. When I arrived this morning, they were so happy to see me... because they were worried I was sick with one of these nasty flu bugs going around. They were concerned. "I know you never miss class," my instructor says. Whoops. Way to worry people. I think I have been appropriately guilted into cutting my slacking rather than cutting class.




We Be Jammin': A tomboy at heart, every once in awhile I gotta bring out the tiara and be a princess. Awhile back I had ordered some "nails" from a friend's Jamberry Jamboree party. I didn't go to a party and didn't know how to put them on, but since I am going to a party in 2 weeks, I figured I better give it a try. These are not stickers. They are sort of like "vinyl cling-ons" you heat and press into place, trim and heat again.... and try not to burn yourself with your hairdryer. If I keep up this girly thing, I may invest in their little heater/dryer thing that won't blister my fingers! Meanwhile, I went bananas (ha, ha) when I realized I could to it myself. These are what I call my "summer fun" colors that I am going to apply to my toenails, too. Funky times. If you are interested in ordering or checking it out, let me know... just in case I am persuaded to have a party, too!




Music Man: When Mr. Pit Band came home after 6 hours of practice last night, I thought, why haven't I promoted his upcoming event yet?? Please join Carter, the awesome band and many, many talented singers (including some alumni) as we continue to celebrate Assumption's 60th anniversary year with the annual musical Friday and Saturday nights... Take a trip down memory lane and enjoy favorite songs from many past AHS musicals. They have worked so hard at this Musical Revue. I hope they get a good crowd. You'll likely know every song! Tickets are $10 and available at Assumption Scrip Office. Doors open Friday night at 6:40pm (due to Dinner Show) and Saturday at 6pm – with performances starting at 7 pm both nights. Maybe we'll see you there!

Brack-Cat-ology: In case you were on pins and needles wondering how my bracket turned out... For the work pool, hubby finished 4th, which was one spot out of the money, with 90 points. I had 75, Carter had 69 and Sylvester had 51. And yes, she did finish ahead of one human. So not only am I smarter than my cat, she is smarter than someone else, too. But she could have told you that!




No comments: