Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday Forecast


My fortune cookie forecast at lunch was a little too late. For my morning commute anyway.

I actually left for work early. But when I got onto the interstate south of Stevens Point, it wasn't long before I hit traffic. At a standstill. After inching forward, I finally saw the sign that said "Emergency Scene Ahead" and realized our slow traffic was merging to one lane.

I figured I'd still make it to work on time. But then they had a big emergency vehicle blocking both lanes and we were routed to the off-ramp. Closing the interstate? But that's the route I know!

Every time I see those striped bars that could close an interstate exit, I think of weather. Like big snowstorms that shut down highways. I forgot they can be used to route people around accident scenes – especially when it involves an overturned semi. That's the report anyway.

And it happened at 4 a.m. So there we still dealing with it 4 hours later. Wow. It was OK that I was a few minutes late to work. I was not the only one caught up in the traffic mess.

I figure my fortune cookie was trying to make up for that. Which is good timing, too, since hubby and I are traveling up to Luck Country and beyond tomorrow to visit my mom, golf, and see some family.

We hope the forecast means safe travels all weekend – and a fortunate Viking victory Sunday.

It is written. Let it be so. (Or SKOL!)



No comments: