Thursday, September 20, 2018

Just a Touch of Love

I know next to nothing about tennis. Or as they say in tennis scoring – I know love about it. I grunt like Serena Williams ... when I golf. But that's about it.

I did play (using term loosely) about 10 years back with a friend at work. We'd basically just rally back and forth for exercise. Hubby and I did that a few times around then, too. But I forgot how it goes. What's a game, set, match, etc.

But since Assumption was playing indoors at SentryWorld across the street from my office, I decided to pop in after work and maybe shoot a few pictures. OK. A hundred. But lighting stunk so it wasn't anything pretty. Still it was fun to watch. For a bit. (I only knew a few of the girls.)



Usually they play outside but because of rain, they managed to secure the popular indoor location. They played Black River Falls, which is in the opposite direction, but since some of the seasons are wrapping up – or booked – they had to get it in.

Don't know how they did since I was there to give them a touch of love, not a whole evening's worth. And it did rain during my drive home so it was good they had that great option!

As a good employee, I'll put in a plug for SentryWorld. It does have a lot more to offer than just golf (and indoor tennis). Volleyball leagues, PJ's – a great restaurant, banquet facilities, golf pro shop, and a Close the Course Race coming up in November. Let me know if you want a registration form. I've got connections.

I might not know anything about tennis (or a lot of things) but I know people who know people who know things!

No comments: