Monday, September 17, 2018

What the Hail


Had my monthly back-crackin' appointment after work today. Was supposed to shoot photos of middle soccer right after that.

On my way into the chiropractor's office, it was sunny, hot and muggy out. When I came out, it was cloudy and sprinkling. By the time I got over to the soccer field... deluge! Players and coaches were running to their cars so that was that for that photo assignment!

I texted hubby and it was hailing at our house just 10 minutes away. That's because the storm on the radar picture above moved in. And quickly. In no time, the sirens were going off for the storm warning. And it was so windy, like 40-50 mph gusts, that I got pretty concerned.

But we our electricity stayed on. And didn't think we had any damage. That we could see in the dark.


The next-door neighbor's yard light pole blew over, though and is resting on the bushes between their house and ours. Hopefully, nothing dangerous or damaging happens with that over night.

I can't even imagine what people in the path of Hurricane Florence are dealing with. A hundred times worse than this, that's for sure.

Feeling grateful.


No comments: