Monday, September 3, 2018

Rainy With A Slight Chance of Labor



In my head, this was my vision of Labor Day. Hubby was going to get some relaxing golf in. I was going to take some senior pictures. And we both could bake in the hot sun with watching our nephew race.

So my visions were definitely cloudy. Rainy even.

While Jim did get some golf in. Both the stock car races and my photo shoot were called off for the day. The rain was just too unpredictable.

I did manage to squeeze in 10,000 steps mowing the front yard between rain clouds. So that was it for my labor. How did I reward myself? Well...

When rain cancels outdoor plans and laziness cancels indoor ones, you go to King Cone and try out their new Carrot Cake flavor. So worth the trip! As usual.

I was hoping it would give me some ambition to do some projects around the house. Still waiting on that one. Do I need to make another trip? I could probably handle that kind of labor on Labor Day.

Working it off, though... not so much.

Hope you found a way to relax and enjoy the long weekend!

No comments: