Sunday, September 9, 2018

Getting My Clicks In

Normally I shoot for 10,000 steps a day. But 10,000 clicks? Well, yes, a little far-fetched. But I have taken 1,100 photos since Friday night. In case you were wondering why I was too busy to blog.

It was just a booked up weekend. But in a fun and productive way!

Yesterday went something like this...

Left the house at 8 a.m. to go over to Standing Rock Park for the Stevens Point cross country invitational. Shot pictures of our middle school and high school runners. See above in my Royal Blue shirt (and pony tail). Proof I am on the job.

It is a beautiful and insane meet. Twenty-two schools so hundreds and hundreds of runners! Was a fun challenge finding our Royal Blue runners in the crowd when other schools – Auburndale, Amherst, Merrill, John Muir, etc – wear the same color! Since I know the route from when Carter ran there, I knew where to stand to get pictures. And sometimes that meant running to them. Well, jogging.

Still, I left there with almost 8,000 steps!

Went straight from there to a senior photo shoot at 1 p.m.

Again, I have proof! Ha! We did not get to finish since our last location had a wedding there (which I didn't know about). So we'll finish another weekend.

Went home and had 60 minutes to bake a cake for a church potluck today, visit with a neighbor that stopped by, and change into Colin Reffner Racing gear. Jim got home from his parents (anniversary day) and we headed down to Wisconsin Dells.

Saw lots of standing water on the way and it turns out the race track had had quite a bit, too.

The water in the infield doesn't matter. They were concerned about "seepage" at the bottom of the track (bottom of photo in Turn 1). So they were drilling holes and stuff to drain it more. Racing started two hours late. At least.

Colin qualified with the fastest time so he got to carry the flag during the National Anthem. So that was awesome. And he finished 6th in the race, which had so many cautions and crashes, it lasted a long time.

And it was chilly. Despite my sunburned face from earlier in the day, we were cool with the breeze blowing and temps in the mid-50s. And just the fact it was 11 p.m.

Got home after midnight. Got up for 8 a.m. church. Had service projects we did in the community as part of God's Work, Our Hands. Did not have to do any physical labor. I was one of two photographers so I went to four of the sights to shoot pictures. After that, we had a lunch.

I stopped home to change clothes, watch a bit of the Vikings game since it was on TV here with the Packers playing tonight. Then I had a senior photo shoot from 2-5 p.m. Went very well. Gorgeous weather today!

After that, I got myself a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard for supper! Came home, uploaded all the sports pictures from the weekend and now I'm going to watch TV and/or read. Am not going to got through the senior pictures until tomorrow. My recliner is calling me.

And Mr. Deck Chair refuses to talk to me after I stood him up today! There will hopefully be more opportunities!

No comments: