Saturday, September 22, 2018

You Can't Up-End Fun


Despite the fact Gilman (4-1) upended our chance of winning our homecoming game, it was still a lot of fun for most of the kids anyway. I assume.

I was just feeling blessed for a gorgeous day. Took hundreds of photos and didn't even get a chance to go through the actual game shots. Picked out a few for the newspaper and that was about it. The one above sort of tells it all.

They stopped almost all our efforts to move the ball. Thankfully we scored in the end so it was a complete blowout. Still, a loss of 42-6 is no fun. Glad they all got to shower, clean up good and go to dinner and the dance. That's something to smile about anyway.

After the game, I went for a run (walked) a bit. Then hubby and I met my BFF, her hubby, brother and sister-in-law at Anchor Bay for an early dinner. The freshman class (including her nephew) were eating dinner that before the dance, so we figured we would, too.

I did end up going to the Grand March later. Needed to get a picture of the full homecoming court and took a few others. Plenty to look through yet. But hey, it's my bedtime.

This homecoming Cinderella turns into a pumpkin long before midnight!


No comments: