Monday, September 10, 2018

Walking Talk-Ohs


My mom joined me for my lunchtime walk today. Well, virtually joined me.

Did you know these new-fangled cellular telephones can be used just about anywhere? You don't have to call from your livingroom in the evening. You can dial up your mother during your lunchtime walk and she can join you for a walk-and-talk.

It works! I tried it!

I seriously always just call her at night. Which is weird because I always, always have my phone with me. Duh.

Of course, I had to assure her not to be alarmed that I was calling in the middle of the day because of an emergency. Was just checking in to hear about the county fair and her class reunion and all that good stuff. I just let her do the talking and I did the walking.

And yes, I know my bright pink shoes don't match with everything. Today they did not match my pants, but they did match the flowers. So we'll take that.

It was another glorious late-summer day. Temps in the low 70s and sunny. Gotta get out while I can! And make time for that.

Just like seeing Mom. I told her we'd run up there Saturday to visit. Gotta see her while I can! And make time for that.

That's my Monday advice: Take time to stop and smell the flowers – or take pictures of them. And call your mother!

Have a good week.


No comments: