Monday, February 11, 2019

Just Another Really Manic Monday

Stop me if you've heard this before. Winter Storm Warning. No school tomorrow.

I swear I can just re-run some of my blogs. Crazy, crazy, crazy. Definitely a manic Monday. But oh, the Tuesday we have on tap is going to be something else. One of these two forecasts is accurate:



It's number 2 (appropriately, ha). But it will feel like number 1 when all is said and done. If you were to put a bulls-eye dot pretty much right in the middle of the dark red, that would be my house. Like Mother Nature is zooming in and and not making friends.

So, in Groundhog Day fashion, I will plan to work from home tomorrow. Again. Especially when this morning's commute was scary enough.


This was on the four-lane highway that takes me to work. Traffic on eastbound Highway 54 was stopped. Like I put my car in "park" and cleared off email from phone. That kind of "stopped." Yowza. Looked like 4 to 6 vehicles were involved. Don't know if there were injuries of a serious nature. The ambulance was there – you can see in the left lane – but wasn't leaving with anyone.

So it took an hour to get to work, but I got there safely!

Tonight, I was in town watching the girls basketball game. It was a big conference showdown between our Royals (ranked 5th in the state) and Wausau Newman (ranked 4th and first in our conference). We just couldn't pull off the upset. Dang.

Afterward, I stopped to gas up and get a few groceries that I will need Wednesday and Thursday. Just in case I don't get out until then! And, since hubby is out of town for work, the neighbor guys have assured me they'll dig me out if I can't handle it. We'll just see how ambitious I am or if I really need a break from work or a potentially stressed out cat.

I just don't want the forecast to even close to accurate. It's crazy. It's beyond manic.

Be safe and make good choices tomorrow!

No comments: