Saturday, February 9, 2019

KC and the Sunshine


Remember K.C. and the Sunshine Band? Well, my version of that is KC (King Cone) on a very sunny day. Works for me!

After doing my Saturday "chores" this morning, I headed over the Amherst for wrestling regionals. We have four kids from Assumption who wrestle on a combined team with Nekoosa. Since the calendar was open, I figured I better capture the action since I'll be out of town the next two weekends for sectionals and state.

Glad I went. Three of our four were victorious in their finals and took regional championships in their weight class. The other Royal took a third so he won't go onto sectionals. But still, what a great representation. Since I know the families, I can feel the stress and excitement right along with them. Fun actually. Yes, I know. Wrestling. Who knew?

As I left Amherst – where King Cone originated – I was thinking, "Oh it would be so nice if it was open." It's not, of course, in the winter. Then I remembered, "Wait, it IS open at Feltz Dairy!"

So I stopped on the way home since it was only a minor detour. I felt the need to celebrate the victories but, more importantly, the fact the temperature was above zero. That totally calls for a cold treat, right?

Salted Caramel Truffle certainly did the trick. Definitely my kind of KC in the Sunshine!


No comments: