Tuesday, February 12, 2019

What a Snow Day Looks Like

If you are lucky enough not to live in Wisconsin or not be here for the winter, here's what you're missing...


First, knowing you are going to work from home, you have your laptop and coffee. When you see 8 inches have already accumulated at 8 a.m., you also need to plan your lunch hour at about 9 a.m.


And this is why. I wasn't sure how deep the snowblower would handle. It was a bit crazy! I was just thrilled it started for me and worked.

And an hour or so later, I was done. With Round 1, that is.


Out my office window, I could see snow accumulating on the back deck. And piling high on the railing. You know who really doesn't like the snow?


Mr. Deck Chair!! Poor guy.

Early afternoon, we had gotten up to more than 10 inches (10.3 officially by 1 p.m.).


A few hours later, the snow angel appeared. My next door neighbor Mick took care of Round 2 for me. Bless him!


The plow still hadn't through on Blue Jay Drive yet. But somehow the mail got delivered a few vehicles got through. The tire ruts don't look like much in this picture but take a look at how deep they are to walk in...


Yup, these calves don't lie! Oh yes, I was wearing my snow removal outfit. Thanks for noticing.


The main reason I was on the road was I was checking for Carter's car parked at the edge of our lot. Have you seen it?

How about now?

I had to send him a picture so he'd know how much he needs to appreciate his mild winter in Germany! It may have disappeared even more after the plow went through. Thankfully, good neighbor Mike across the road did Round 3 of snow removal – especially the bank at the end of the driveway! Hubby left me in pretty good hands.

So how much did we get? We were forecast 10-16 inches. I know Wausau got 14 and we probably easily did, too.


Based on the snow piled on the railing of our deck, I'd say we at least got a "foot."

Groan. C'mon, you gotta admit. Our living situation in Wisconsin is almost laughable now. Play along, kids.


No comments: