Monday, February 18, 2019

Unpopularity Contest

One four-letter word I remember from grade school is LICE. I can't remember which came first – did we have "lice checks" and someone would get sent home? Or did someone have it and that prompted a check fest for the rest of us? Either way, the lice kid was the most unpopular kid of the day.

Until weather forecasters.

If we don't have a Be Kind to Weather Forecasters Day, we probably should soon. Because...


See that little target I created in the middle of the 4-6 inches circle? It is supposed to serve as a reminder to not shoot the messenger. Aim your rage at Mother Nature instead. Or just complain about it.

Obviously, I do both – and they're equally ineffective.

There are at least three things I can think of that we can't change: The weather, the past, and people. For everything else – including lice – there are things we can do. Including being patient. Because...


Take that, you lice-infested groundhog!

No comments: