Thursday, February 21, 2019

Uff Da, Dat's Good Lutheran Humor


A couple of years ago, I had the joy (much joy and laughter) of seeing the musical comedy Church Basement Ladies. Tonight, I got to see one of the sequels to it – this time focusing on the church basement guys. Uff da. Church Basement Ladies – Rise Up O Men was a hoot.

Maybe it helps to be both Lutheran and Norwegian. Totally my kind of humor.

I know you're wondering how I could have time for such frivolity one night before Camp Crop-A-Lot. Well, I'm ready. When our friend Lisa texted hubby and me Tuesday night and said she needed a date to this, Jim passed and I jumped on it. So, I've kicked butt in the "getting ready" category and freed up my night.

Worth it.


Very fun Church Ladies Night Out. Like my hubby, Lisa is Catholic, but there were plenty of jokes for "those people who eat fish on Fridays." Saw several friends from my church, too. I'm pretty sure they'll agree it was pretty spot-on.

Just nice to get out, not think about any "to do" projects, just listen and laugh.

Now it's off to bed because my weekend starts NOW.


No comments: