Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Leader of the Pack


This brought a chuckle today. And, since I've read the classics, it reminded me of George Orwell's Animal Farm – which I've probably read five times and I'm sure I have a copy somewhere. Yes, I am dork.

Noted.

We are inching closer the fence line, though. After last night's "light snow," Wisconsin Rapids is on the leader board!


Whoo-hoo! At least we're good at something! So yes, another crap drive to work. Thankfully, the bright sun today (still below freezing) must have activated the salt because the commute home was much better.

Of course, since it didn't snow much today, it will return tomorrow and for sure on Friday. Why should I care? Well, I'm signed up to run the Point Bock Run on Saturday. Their latest news is this...


Since I have YakTrax, I'm not as concerned with the ice and snow as I am the temperature. The high is 22 (earlier it was just 14) but the low is going to be minus 9. So... brrrrrr. You'd think cold would make me run faster since I will want to get it over quicker. But it is a 5-mile course, and I'm not built that way. Now it's not just a stupid thing to do, it's a must do to be in the exclusive "I survived the 2019 Bock Run" club.

We'll see if Old Man Winter convinces any of us otherwise. So far, I haven't liked any of his ideas. Have you?

No comments: