Wednesday, October 17, 2007

All-nighter?

My brain is fried tonight. Remember how I said I was a "lifelong student"? It's not so easy to learn new things -- well, i should say "relearn" things.

I was helping Carter study for a science test for about 90 minutes this evening. Go ahead, ask me anything about the parts of a tree and photosynthesis! I am ready for this test!

I hope Carter is ready, too. It was actually fun for me to help him study and I told him so. I explained how much I loved school (read: Geek!) and how it was fun studying for tests because I would cram all these "clues" and "word plays" into my head so I'd remember things.

For example, an easy way to remember what coniferous tree is is to think of it as cone-iferous ... it produces cones and has needles instead of leaves. You get the picture.

When I tucked him in, I told Carter to try not to think about it so he can get some sleep, but can I do the same? I'm a little hyped up! I'll probably be going through that tree trunk, layer by layer in my dreams!

Maybe that will help me sleep -- counting tree rings instead of sheep ...

No comments: