Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Opening act

It may sound like an oxymoron, but despite my lack of self-esteem, I don't mind being in the spotlight once in awhile. I especially have no qualms about doing a "performance" for my family. There's really no way to embarrass myself.

I should probably clarify "performance." Each year for our sisters weekend my twin and I do an "opening act" to kick things off. Usually we're doing actions and singing along to a song. One year, we even wrote the songs. We have a lot of fun with this.

The clincher is that although we email each other about it for a few weeks leading up to the performance, we don't actually get a run-through until we get there. So we're pretty much winging it and hoping for the best. We have not disappointed our fans yet. Of course, as Raylene pointed out the other day, "They have nothing to compare us to so they have to like it!" True.

We're excited about what we're doing this weekend -- yes it's already Wild Women's Weekend (WWW IX) this weekend. I can't go into details because it's top secret (one of those surprises I enjoy). Last night I was getting my wild "costume" together. I danced through the kitchen and dining room to show the guys.

Jim rolls his eyes and Carter says, "I'm worried about you, Mom."

Then I head back to the bedroom to change into normal clothes and I hear him tell Jim, "Dad, I sure hope you have a wife you can keep under control."

I guess even though I wouldn't embarrass myself, I see the potential of making Jim and Carter groan. Good thing our WWW rule is: No Boys Allowed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to see that "opening act". Thanks Robyn for your writings, and that Carter is something else!! I laughed for the first time in days,(even out loud!!!) reading your "Lighter Side". Aren't I fourtunate to be one of the Seven Sisters who gets to go on this WWW & see your opening acts!! luv ya, wildwomanr2