Friday, October 26, 2007

Make a difference

Saturday is Make a Difference Day -- a day that gets to the heart of volunteerism. A day of doing good.

In our area there will be groups available to rake yards for the elderly or home-bound and several events like "Soups for Hoops" that require canned-good donations to participate.

I think it's a great way to teach kids the importance of doing for others. And it's a good reminder for adults to shed our selfishness and think about someone else for a change. Make a difference in their lives if, when, where we can.

What will I be doing? Well, I will be joining many of the readers of this blog to make a difference in our dad's life. We will be unselfish and loving when we give him the best darn 80th birthday party a stubborn ol' Scandivanian could want! And we'll enjoy every minute of it! Doesn't it feel good to do for others?

Seriously, get out and do something or just make a call to tell someone you care. There are lots of ways to help Make a Difference. And we can do them every day.

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

Robyn,
thanks for making a difference in my life by treating me to the Lion King. What an awesome show! Even last night, when I could not sleep, I was remembering the costumes and the dances. It was a wonderful treat! THANKS! Rayna (AKA The Lion Queen) :)) < Me grinning with my double chins