Wednesday, October 31, 2007

No tricks, just treats

It's always interesting when Halloween falls on a week day. It sort of gives people free license, for one day, to dress however they want.

There were a few people who dressed up. Not me. I just have a T-shirt that says: The Witch is in. Basically, it says what some people think all year! That's the joys of being a manager. Or being a wife. Jim has asked me on occasion if I am taking the Honda into town -- or my broom. That Jim's a funny one!

Anyway, I wasn't in the mood to dress up and be cute. (As natural as it seems, it does take some effort some days.) I was surprised, though, when Carter said he didn't want to dress up. The whole Pink Floyd pink hair thing was just for the school fall festival, he said.

Fortunately, my friend Becky called the other night and invited us over to trick-or-treat with them. Then Carter got into the spirit. He donned his #80 Carter jersey and a Minnesota Vikings helmet and was ready to scare the world! (Probably more than their current defensive line is scaring anyone these days.)

Thankfully, Becky lives in a nice neighborhood so no mean-spirited folks asked: "What are you dressed up as? A loser?" We also didn't have to contend with the darkness this year since we haven't changed the clocks back yet. That was a treat.

The main thing is we all had fun ... and Carter managed to snag just enough peanut butter cups to keep mama happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom had a shirt that said "Feelin Witchy" for Halloween and that describes her 24/7! JK


Lenesker's daughter