Thursday, November 1, 2007

Gimme a break

As much as I hate to see time fly by, it felt good to change the calendar this morning. November already? Phew! Time to slow down and take a breath before the next roller coaster ride.

Just like Robyn on her broom, October flew by at warp speed. Part of the reason is that I found myself out of town every single weekend. I feel like I haven't been home much (and the house looks like it).

I loved looking at the calendar today and seeing nothing -- absolutely nothing -- listed on the weekends until Turkey Weekend. It will feel so good to do nothing! I mean, this is the relaxing time of the year, right? Right.

When I went to Wal-Mart the other night to get a last-minute Halloween thing, the black and orange had already been scrunched into one aisle -- flanked by two aisles of red and green. It was hard to ignore -- but I am going to have to try (for now at least).

I need to focus on some other priorities. I need to de-clutter my "ohmigod" room (computer room) and my closet. Carter's room and the basement need an overhaul. I have some hot family tree leads to pursue. I need to start walking, running or just plain moving again. And oh how I need to get some scrapbooking done!

Good thing I've got nothing to do but relax at home this month. Perhaps I should put myself under house arrest!

No comments: