Friday, November 2, 2007

Woe is me

Welcome to my pity party!

In the past week, I've had immunizations for tetanus, whooping cough and the flu -- and now I've been sick all week. Coincidence? Probably, but I like looking for any excuse not to go near needles again!

Not sure if it's allergies or what, but I've gone through a couple of boxes of tissues this week, along with some cough drops, allergy pills and Nyquil. It feels like my head has been floating above my body like a helium balloon!

There are some cases of the croup going around one of the daycares in Iola. Someone suggested perhaps, I've got it, too! I had to look it up, but it does specify it's a childhood illness. Hmmmm .... Either I need to grow up or I just need some rest!

I came home to an empty house tonight. Carter abandoned me for the girls in the neighborhood and Jim must be hanging out with the "boys." I had hoped to go out to eat but instead I went grocery shopping so we'd have milk for breakfast. How's that for excitement? Here's me bragging I couldn't wait to have nothing to do. How incredibly boring that makes things!

I suppose I could get some decent rest tonight. Maybe I can sleep away this nasty head cold so I can do something exciting tomorrow like dust and vacuum! I know, you wish you could trade places with me, don't you? Sorry, only one coughing, whining, undomestic goddess per household allowed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has that new vacumn cleaner lost it's appeal?? :) Just another un-domesticated lioness... er, "goddess"!

Anonymous said...

I have the awful cold too! Must be a bug we caught in Cushing from one of those 200 people! RoAnn

Robyn Austin said...

Oh boy. Maybe we got the "Old Timer's Flu"!