Monday, October 29, 2007

Antiques Roadshow

I know better than to call my parents between 7 and 8 on Monday nights. They're always parked in front of the television watching Antiques Roadshow -- wondering if their many possessions are trash or treasure.

Tonight and the next three Mondays especially they'll be glued to the set, trying to catch a glimpse of themselves or their lovely daughter. These are the "Milwaukee episodes," filmed last summer (July 2006), when LeRoy, Marlys and I trekked down there for the filming. It was quite an adventure.

First of all, I don't normally watch the show, but since I oversee a few antiques publications at work, I was able to finagle some tickets. Mom and Dad were beyond thrilled! They were anxious to see what a few of their possessions were worth, and I was curious to get the behind-the-scenes look at how the show comes together.

Since we were limited to two items each -- and I don't have any antiques -- I took some glass items Mom wanted appraised. Mom had two glass items, too, and Dad had an veterans convention ribbon and I think a watch (or maybe more of Mom's glass. Can you tell my mom collects glassware?).

We weren't handpicked for any rarities or one-on-one TV interviews, but it's possible we will be seen lurking in the background -- hopefully looking interested and intelligent and not picking our noses.

So tune in to PBS tonight at 7 p.m. If you miss it, I think it replays at 6 p.m. Sunday. Check your local listings.

Trust me, if I spot us (and no, I don't remember what we were wearing), I will let the world know. Unless I look too fat or I was having a bad hair day ... Still better than watching the stinkin' Packers game on the other channel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Packers dont stink vikings do. But according to Ashley vikings ROCK!