Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fantastic Finish

I just heard the ESPN announcer comment on a day of "fantastic finishes." There were 5 NFL games today decided in the last 10 seconds.

That includes a game-winning field goal to give the Vikings their 12-10 win over the lowly Lions. Weird game. Some pathetic performances. But we'll take the W. There is now a three-way tie in the "Norse" Division. Now the fun starts!

Today was also a fantastic finish to the weekend (and Indian Summer). Temps reached 80 at least and it was sunny for the most part. Ahhhh.

After church and Sunday School, my friend Molly and I met at the lake (not to go swimming, don't worry). There is a paved path around the lake (about 4.25 miles) so we had a nice long walk and talk. I also brought the camera and will post some pictures Monday. We had a nice visit and we were both happy to fit an hour of exercise into our day of rest!

I did find time this afternoon, too, to give that deck chair some attention. If the colorful leaves hadn't been blowing off the trees, I would have thought it was just another summer day.

... Until I looked down at my legs and saw my summer tan has officially paled into oblivion. There's a reality check. (And you'll be relieved to hear I will not be posting pictures of that on Monday!)... That's more of a fantastic fade than finish.

No comments: