Saturday, October 11, 2008

Indian Summer

They call autumn days like these Indian Summer. After a stretch of chilly or cloudy or rainy days, we suddenly get sunny skies and 70-some degrees. I love it!

Yesterday, since Carter didn't have school, I took the day off, too. Naturally, we had to go golfing one last time -- just in case the mild streak doesn't last too long. We had a good time. There is one major challenge, though, with golfing at this time of year. With all the leaves, pine needles, etc., that have fallen to the ground, it is nearly impossible to find your ball if it veers off the fairway. Carter lost 5 of his but we did find 2 in the course of our game so he's not out much.

He had some good shots but now it will likely be nearly 6 months before he picks up a club again so it will be like starting over (for me, too). We'll take that challenge!

Today was even more beautiful -- about 75 and sunny. Carter had his last football game against Medford. We won 32-8. Yay! I was so glad to end the season on a win. His team needed that. Carter needed that, too. Maybe now he'll be more inclined to do Raptors again next year. He should be one of the big kids then, right? (I'll have to post some pictures when I get to a different computer. There's a unique one of a big kid Carter was up against today.)

After football we came home and enjoyed the sunshine. Well I did anyway. I sat on the deck and read while Daddy raked and Carter mowed. There just wasn't enough yard work to go around (yeah right).

I wanted to take one more walk after supper but even though it seemed like summer, it was still dark at 6:30. That part I don't like because I feel like it should be almost bedtime now and it's only 7:30!

Tomorrow's forecast calls for another warm day. Temps are supposed to be mid-70s or higher again. Guess I'll keep those lawn chairs out for just a bit longer!

No comments: