Friday, October 3, 2008

Veggie Tales

When I saw my box from Amazon.com had arrived in the mail, I gave myself permission to veg out tonight.

It was a darn busy week. With Jim out of town, I did all the running, plus there was homework and my work project that got me up and to work each morning before the crack of dawn. I finished that nearly month-long project about 5 minutes before I was scheduled to leave work today. Hallelujah! But I am beat.

Back in September, I pre-ordered the movie Iron Man, which both Carter and I enjoyed in the theater. (He and I really like our super-hero movies, I guess!) So I knew that would arrive this week. Today, just in time for a Friday night veg-out session, it came!

I told Carter to give me an hour to sweep, dust and vacuum so that would be done for the weekend. Then I put a little pizza in the oven and we watched our movie.

Of course, ADD me couldn't just relax and watch it and actually veg. I thought I better tackle that 3-foot-high stack of magazines in the living room. So I sorted into piles of Recycle, Place in Fitness Center at Work, Scrapbooking, Keep for Carter (National Geographic) and Read b/4 Recycling.

After Carter went to bed, I did veg on the couch for about an hour, realizing why I rarely do that. Couple hundred channels and there wasn't anything on I wanted to watch!

The other thing I got in my Amazon box was a DVD of Twins highlights from their World Series wins in 1987 and 1991. That's more than 2 hours long so I didn't want to start that so late. I am looking forward to watching it this weekend though so I can pretend my guys are still playing in October!

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

1991 was NOT a good Series when your Twins beat our favorite, Atlanta Braves! The only reason the Twins won is because they "cheated." :)
Rayna & Paul